Light Through The day 12 images pg 122

Image 1
Image 2
The Runcorn Bridge, Widnes is a striking piece of engineering and offered a great focal point for this exercise. The time of day that I went to scout this location  was just as the sun setting but not quite below the horizon. This placed the sun just under the suspended bridge platform and between the pillars supporting the bridge above the River Mersey. I took several pictures to use as sketches and chose this viewpoint for the exercise. Completing this in December does not offer the best of the longest hours of sunlight

I liked the hours from dawn though sunrise as this provided a nice light on the bridge itself and a fairly dramatic sky but the images I like most are the 8th and 9th images with the sun below the platform, between the pillars of the bridge. This provides, what might be called, a travel brochure type image taken during golden hour. I think the night I scouted the bridge was a more dramatic night as there were clouds in the sky around the bridge which added to the drama but these images convey the drama equally well.
Image 3

Image 4

Image 5

Image 6

Image 7
Image 8


Image 9
Image 10
Image 11
Image 12